Artira – Inclined Platform Lift
The Artira inclined platform wheelchair lift is a safe and reliable way to travel between floors for passengers in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility.
SMART-LITE TECHNOLOGY GUIDES USER THROUGH OPERATION BY ILLUMINATING THE APPROPRIATE BUTTON
FOLDED PLATFORM CONCEALS AND PROTECTS SAFETY BARRIER ARMS AND PLATFORM CONTRAOLS FROM VANDALISM
DURABLE FINISH – BEAD BLASTED AND ELECTROPOLISHED STAINLESS STEEL
LOAD CAPACTIY FOR USERS UP TO 300KG
4 STANDARD PLATFORM SIZES
UNDER-PLATFORM OBSTRUCTION SENSORS & PEDESTRIAN SAFETY LIGHTS
- Load Capacity
300 Kg (660 Lbs.) up to 45° stair angle for commercial/public use
Power Requirements 208-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz on a dedicated 20 amp circuit
- Platform Sizes
4 standard sizes including large ADA-compliant 800 mm x 1220 mm (31.5” x 48”) platform.
Mounted directly to a wall or attached to stair treads using support towers (requires sufficient sub-strate strength).
Smart-Lite Technology TM guides the user through operation by illuminating the appropriate button. Safety code requires continuous pressure on control buttons to operate the lift (keep button depressed to keep moving). Buttons are large and easy to use for everyone.
- Platform Storage
Folded platform conceals and protects safety barrier arms and platform controls from vandalism.
- Standard Finishes
Indoor units – RAL 7030 fine texture Satin Grey. Outdoor – bead blasted and electropolished stainless steel. Optional RAL colours available.
- Standard Safety Features
Under-platform obstruction sensors, Pedestrian Safety Lights, bi-directional ramp obstruction sensors, emergency manual folding and lowering, curved safety barrier arms, overspeed safety.
- Optional Features
Attendant remote control, under hanger sensors, side of hanger sensors, automatic platform fold, fold-down seat and seatbelt, building fire alarm integration, side load for confined lower landings, wall-mount pedestrian audio-visual alert, pedestrian handrails integrated in to support rail system.
Call Stations: The Artira Call Stations are operated by a computer based lift control system that intuitively guides the user through the operating sequence by illuminating the appropriate button to push. Fold and unfold functions are fully automated by simply pushing the easy to use call station buttons.
Drive System: The ultra-quiet Drive System is located at the upper end of the Artira and is available in two arrangements; the standard Drive Box and Compact Drive, both drive systems operate using Mains Power.
Curved Safety Arms: The Curved Safety Arms are fully automatic. When in the guarded position, the inside dimensions of the arms do not take away from the clear platform size of the wheelchair lift.
Platform Controls: The durable and vandal resistant platform control panel consists of two large illuminated Directional Control Buttons and an Emergency Stop Button.
Under Platform, Bi-directional and Leading Ramp Sensors: The sensors will automatically stop the lift if the platform should encounter an obstruction.
Smooth Start and Stop: The GSL Artira reduces the speed of travel by 50% prior to reaching corners and is programmed to slow the platform travel speed when approaching or departing the landings.
Smart-Lite Technology: The Artira Call Stations are operated by a computer based lift control system that intuitively guides the user through the operating sequence by illuminating the appropriate button to push. Fold and unfold functions are fully automated by simply pushing the easy to use call station buttons.
Emergency Stop Button: When pushed this large red button will immediately stop the lift.
Finishes: The Artira is finished in a durable polyester powder paint coating that is electro statically applied and baked. Garaventa’s standard color is Satin Grey (fine textured).
Pedestrian Safety Lights: This illuminated tube lighting located at the base of the ramps visually alerts pedestrians of the platform’s location during travel, while still being discreet to the passenger.
- Side Load: The Side Load platform is designed for those lifts with confined lower landing areas. An additional side ramp allows the passenger to board the platform diagonally for easier access to the platform.
- Finishes: The Artira can be finished with optional RAL colors, custom matched colors, stainless steel or painted stainless steel finishes.
- Auto Fold: This feature will allow the platform to automatically fold if left unattended for a period of time at a landing. This ensures the stairway remains clear in the event someone forgets to fold the platform.
- Integrated Pedestrian Handrails: An additional rail can be added to the system for pedestrian use.
- Folding Seat: The folding seat enables semi-ambulatory or people with temporary injuries to use the lift.
- Dek-Lite: The Dek-Lite illuminates the platform for safe loading and unloading available only with the folding seat option.
- Outdoor Package: When the Stair-Lift is located outdoors, the Stainless Steel finish is required. For a comprehensive listing of stainless steel components consult the Artira Design and Planning Guide.
- Attendant Remote Control: An attendant would walk beside the Stairlift and operate the hand control.
- Auxiliary Power System: This system ensures the lift operates during a power outage. This battery-powered system provides power for one hour at a rated load.
- Platform Lock: This lock secures the platform in its folded position protecting the unit from vandalism (not available on side load platform).
- Fire Alarm Integration: This option is designed to interface with the building fire safety system, this service interrupts power to the lift when the alarm sounds. This ensures the lift will not obstruct stairway traffic during an evacuation. If the lift is in use when the alarm sounds, it will continue to a designated landing.
- Audio-Visual Alert: The Audio-Visual Alert notifies pedestrians using the stairway that the lift is in use.